A professional executive with unique experience gained over 33 years in roles across all levels of the Victorian public education system, I offer expertise in leadership development, policy advice, strategic planning and implementation, organisational design, cultural transformation, keynote speaking and executive coaching.
A respected, internationally recognised leader renown for delivering innovative, high impact and sustainable outcomes, I have:
- led the leadership teams that transformed three secondary schools
- established the world class Bastow Institute of Educational Leadership as the inaugural Director and continued to lead the school workforce reform strategy as Executive Director and Deputy Secretary
- driven improvement in 1540 government schools as Deputy Secretary – Regional Services Group, leading a regional workforce of 2500 and managing a $240 million-dollar budget
- delivered Victorian Education State reforms including the range of highly effective learning improvement resources that are proving to be legacy pieces. They are producing the data sets that confirm positive system reform including Victoria’s best ever NAPLAN results in 2018.
- engaged, taught and equipped educational leaders through inspirational presentations that have encouraged an outcomes focus and sparked personal and organisational transformation.
Values driven and motivated by a deep sense of moral purpose, I invest in people and organisations with the goal of enabling transformation for the sake of the common good.
Bruce’s services are a great complement to those provided through Chapter Three by Robyn since 2015.
Chapter Three is now run by two storytellers whose complementary approaches and common purpose mean you can discover, express and live the story you want to tell.